Ah ben non en fait on n'aura pas de nouvelles avant son retour au CB puisqu'il est parti sans moyen de communication :
Denis sent an SMS to Pipi Cardell a few minutes ago:
"16feb BC-C3, 17feb try summit :) Than BC and expedition finished"
This means that after a lot of discussion about forecasts he wants to try the window on 17th, which looks to be clear, but windy (70-80 kph). He is not going to take communication source with him, so there will be no word from him until he gets down. This way he spares weight and can fully concentrate on the task. This is how he did it last time on Gasherbrum II last summer opening a new route.
Weather discussion: the window that seemed to open from 20-22nd Feb changed significantly. Our friend from the Hungarian Met Office Tamás Allaga informed us that 19th-21st is still more favourable in terms of wind (40-60 kph - that is a small increase to previous), but clouds and percipitation has changed in the wrong direction. 20th and may be the night of 19th looks stable, then it can start to snow, and wind starts to pick up again. So even if the amount of snow does not look too much, visibility could be a problem because of the clouds. The course of the cyclone that has an affect on the second window, has changed significantly to the previous forecasts, and can still change further. So he had to decide whether he wanted to climb in clear weather with strong wind (17th) or climb with much less wind but possibly deteriorating conditions (21st). Denis said he can manage winds up to 70 kph.
Now all we can do is cheer him on and cross our fingers for him.
Text: Pintér László/Mozgásvilág
(publication sur son FB hier)
Quand même curieux ce choix du créneau du 17. Quand on voit ça, le créneau à partir du 20 a l'air beaucoup plus confortable (même si ça peut changer d'ici là et qu'ils ont peut-être d'autres sources)