Sport-conrad.de : definitively unsatisfactory service!

The first impression should always prevail : It is difficult to navigate on their website, especially with Android. As an example, I noticed the absence of phone number to call for assistance.

However, as the prices were fair, we opted to try it, by ordering two sets of skis with boots. That was the beginning of an incredible adventure, which is not yet ended.

Once the shopping cart was completed, my North American card was refused. To checkout, I had to use an European card of my family. The order confirmation, in German mentioned that the shipment will be done within 1-2 working days (in 1-2 Werktagen versandfertig). Surprisingly, some days later, my North American card company called us to ask about the debit which was refused by Conrad website. We were then scared to be charged twice.

The wish I had at time of ordering, concerning the billing, was answered by Conrad as late as 5 days later. Added some other slow email exchanges, the shipment was even further delayed.

Eight days after the order, the shipment was finally done by Conrad, in two packages instead on one. The shipping cost was double as much as what told by Conrad before ordering : 2 times EUR70 for that (not so bulky) shipment of 21kgs.

I realized later that this split will also imply doubled brokerage costs. Apparently splitting it makes it is easier or faster for Conrad export. However, it should have been mentioned on their web site and at the time of the order.

Conrad used the « UPS Saver » delivery mode. Both packages were blocked by UPS 2 days on their way. In further communications, it was noticed that the tracking numbers have be mixed up between the two packages.

One of the packages was delivered 14 days after the order.

Customs refused to clear the second package. Among the reasons heard from the broker: unclear invoice. Part of the invoice is written in German, what is according to UPS, the main cause trouble. As the German VAT of 19% is deducted for exports, and there is quite a package discount, it is difficult to compare the price of the goods invoiced with the ones posted on the web pages. These discounts should better be clearly mentioned on the invoice. Furthermore, the price stickers were still on the items received. They should have been removed as the prices on those stickers were much higher than the invoiced prices. It is understandable that customs are confused. According to Conrad’s customer service it never happened before.

To tackle this problem, the assistance of Conrad’s customer service was exaggeratedly slow, inadequate, with unnecessary contempt, and very ineffective. Conrad’s customer service was asked for proof of payment by UPS and they sent again a wrong document, which again needed translation. By that, additional delays and handling costs were incurred.

Once their number obtained, it was very hard to reach Conrad’s customer service on the phone, always busy. Finally, when it was possible to get through, it was to learn that that the emails from UPS were not answered by Conrad because an employee was sick, which explained delays…

The second package was finally cleared by customs without much help from Conrad, and delivered more than 20 days after the order. It took an excessive number of phone calls and emails with Conrad and UPS, which had their cost. Furthermore, it was hard to agree to a precise delivery schedule with UPS. For both package we regret that the courier did not want for us to check for intactness and completeness of delivery before payment of delivery fees. Once paid, he just went away. It was quite unpleasant.

Afterwards, once the second package opened we notice that the bindings on one of the ski has a broken part. We also noticed that the packaging of the skis was not sufficient. According to Conrad’s instructions we should had handled this transport damage directly with UPS.

The delivery of the second set was so late that I had to find another equipment for my planned ski trip, at an additional cost as well.

Last but not least, the assembly of the Dynafit TLTSpeed ski bindings are not conform to the manufacturer instructions (sent with the set).
As these bindings are difficult to mount, it is a request from Conrad that the ski boots are ordered simultaneously with the skis. So we decided to also buy new boots, even we would have preferred to try the boots before paying.

At receipt we noticed that the gap between the heel part and the boot is too narrow (it is 2.5mm instead of a safe 4mm gap), even when the binding is set at its rearmost.

I was very displeased to notice that the ski boots have not even been put once on the mounted bindings. That basic exam would have definitely left some scratches or marks on the boots.

The repair of this poor assembly work will be difficult, as in addition to the screws, the bindings are fully glued to the skis. It will imply damages to the skis, as it will require other holes drilled quite close to the first ones. That will also be costly.

Regards the posted claim, I exchanged 3 email with Conrad this week.

In their first, they said having asked Dynafit to send the spare part needed to repair the binding damaged in shipping. For sure, I will get it soon, and then will have it repaired here. I also learned that the problem with customs is not theirs, and they did not address the other issues.

In the second, they apologized, and offered to reimburse 35EUR, for the double shipping cost and the excessive clearance charges. Sorry, that does not yet settle the account.

They did not want to understand the problem of the badly mounted bindings.

Since 4 days, I did not hear anything from Conrad. At that point, a month after the order, the two set of skis are not usable. Definitely, their after sales service is as good as good as it was before delivery.

Posted as guest by Jonas Falck:

I ordered 2 pair of skis and 2 pair of ski-boots from Sport-Conrad 13 Jan. Sport-Conrad says 5-7 workdays in deliverytime. After 3-4 mails asking where the package is I got a message from them today that the have sent it today. And 10min after a message from UPS that estimated delivery date is 28 Jan. More the 10days delayed! No explanation and no express delivery from Sport-Conrad. I have earlier bought equipment from them for more than 1000 euro and with this order more than 1400 euro. This was the last time me ordering from Sport-Conrad.

Posted as guest by Riad:

I have used Sport Conrad and I am very satisfied with their service. I have gotten my items shipped to the US (Oregon) and I did break even with shipping fees wit VAT-free, which is 19%. Their webSite is not the best compared to some US merchants but it’s just secondary to me. The only thing I found difficult is the tracking as all the numbers they provide did not seem to be recognized by UPS. I am wondering on whether international shipments keep same conventions accross borders.
Otherwise, Conrad Sport is great and with unbeatable prices and quality.

Posted as guest by Ronald Verboven:

Sport Conrad looks great, has a lot of stuff and delivers quickly. However, if you have a problem, you are on your own. My ski pole was bad quality and broke on the first day. No problem, this can happen, but it should be dealt with.
I have mailed, and mailed again, no response. I tried calling by telephone over and over, but this is no use, because you get the message ‹ all lines are busy, please send an email ›.
I had ordered for 2.000 euro equipment with Sport Conrad. Amazing that there is no customer service after that.

C’est la premiere fois que je vais ici.Je ne sais pas quoi dire etui iPhone 6s housse cuir iPhone 6s