Haute Route

Posted as guest by Matty:

We are an international group of 4 people doing the Haute Route, the classic Chamonix to Zermatt, six days duration, with a guide, beginning of April. We are looking for 1-2 other people to join us.

You need to have a reasonable skiing level, ski touring experience and own equipment (although stuff is available to hire).

Dates: 05-11 April
Cost: Guiding cost is divided between the group members, count in the nights in the cabanes and transfers. Please email for more details.

Looking forwards to hearing from you.

Posted as guest by Matty:

Hmm… looks like the email does not come up on the posting - mwilkinson@wwfint.org

It does but only for people with an account (on the left, below your name). Simple visitors can see the email in your second message.

Posting on the relevant French forum was a good idea.

Good luck on finding people!

Posted as guest by Katka:

Hi Marty,
this looks like a good plan :slight_smile:
I was thinking about doing this ski trip this year also …
Where are you from? I live in Czech Republic now…
I am pretty experienced backcountry skier. I have spent 5 years living in Colorado, in Summit County skiinstructing and skitouring during the winters. And also I have spent one winter in Golden, BC skiing Roggers Pass. I have all equipment for skitouring also.
How much will be the cost of a guide? Do you think we will need a guide? It is not required in the area…
So I am looking forward to hear from you soon :slight_smile: Katka
my e-mail is: tacud@yahoo.com

[quote=« Matty, id: 852237, post:1, topic:84808 »]We are an international group of 4 people doing the Haute Route, the classic Chamonix to Zermatt, six days duration, with a guide, beginning of April. We are looking for 1-2 other people to join us.

You need to have a reasonable skiing level, ski touring experience and own equipment (although stuff is available to hire).

Dates: 05-11 April
Cost: Guiding cost is divided between the group members, count in the nights in the cabanes and transfers. Please email for more details.

Looking forwards to hearing from you.[/quote]