Camptocamp.org was updated on the 5th of November and provides lots of new functionnalities and bugfixes.
Left menu folding
You can now fold / unfold the left menu to gain som eplace. By default, the menu is folded in the lists.
The folding / unfolding button appears when the mouse crosses the space between the left menu and the page body: its a vertical bar accessible from the whole page height.
The menu state is stored in the preferences: a different state is possible for the homepage / list pages / other pages.
This functionality is not available for internet explorer 6.
- Management of pictures: the code for inserting pictures in documents has been reworked and we now directly use the id of the picture, rather than the link to the image file (all existing references have been automatically updated). This allows enhanced functionalities, like the handling of legends explained below. It is now required to associate a picture to a document before inserting it into the document.
- Collaborative documents case: only collaborative pictures can be inserted. For a transition period, personal pictures inserted will still be displayed, but within a yellow frame with a warning. Later on, the licence of these pictures must be changed, or the image tag removed from the collaborative document. Read more in the album help.
- New tool to insert a picture in a guidebook document: it is accessible through the [img] button.
- New picture category: « book cover ».
- By default, pictures inserted in a document now have a frame and a leged.
- You can now modify the picture of a « picture » document without the need of creating a new document. In order to do this, simply edit the « picture » document and select a new file. This is especially useful to update a schema while keeping all associations and links in the documents.
- It is now possible to search picture on a date criterion withour providing the year or the day.
- The search of pictures on areas is no more applied to the areas associated to the picture (thus returning only georeferenced pictures), but on the areas associated to the documents associated to the pictures. There are a lot more results.
- You can associate a picture to your personal profile from the picture page. Any picture can be associated to your profile: collaborative or personal, you as author or not.
In an area page, links to specific lists of documents have been added.
- Books associated to a route are displayed on top of the bibliography field, which is more consistent and less error prone.
- The « Gear » field provides links to the basic gear required for the type of route concerned. When editing the field, only specific gear must be explained.
- Modifications of the global rating, cotations ED4, ED5, ED6, ED7 added.
- Change of name: « Climbing site » has been completed by « one-pitch crags, boulder areas, gyms ». In fact, « climbing site » documents are made only for one-pitch crags, boulder areas and gyms. Multi-pitch sites are described in « summit/cliff » documents to which each multi-pitch is associated as a « route » document.
- As a consequence, the « Site type » field only contains single-pitch, boulder, climbing gym. The « trad » or « alpine » character must be described with the « Quality of in-place protections » field.
- As for routes, the bibliography field now contains the associated books.
- A « Site history » field similar to the routes history field has been added.
- Pictures displayed in the bottom of the document are those associated to the site + thoses associated to the sub-sites (sectors).
- New icons to indicate the public transport type available for an access point (in lists).
- If the access point is accessible with public transports, the « PT access » field adds a link to the outings made from this access point for which public transportation was used to reach the access point.
- « Minimum starting altitude » field display depends on the « Snow clearing » field: if snow clearing is not applicable, the minimum altitude is not displayed.
- The list of access points provides the snow clearing type information.
- The list of huts provide the phone number and a link to the hut websitee (if this information is provided in the corresponding fields of the hut document).
- It is possible to use the date as criterion without providing a year or a day.
- New icons used to show the crowding in the lists.
- OUting wizard enhancements:
- routes proposed are those of the summit and the associated sub-summits
- To associate a memeber to an outing, you can now enter part of the forum or guidebook name (before search was done only on the guidebook name).
- New book type: bibliography.
- In a book page, areas of the documents associated to the book are displayed.
- In a summit, access point or hut page, the list of books is displayed below the routes list and contains:
- first, books directly associated to the document
- second, separated by a spacer, the books associated to the routes associated to the document
It is thus useless to associate a book to a summit or hut: you only need to associate the book to the routes that are described in the book. A book should be associated to a summit or hut only if the book describes the summit or hut, and not only route that reach it (for a summit: geology, history, etc). It is the case of some guidebooks that contain a description of some summits on several pages, but most guidebooks do not have such description. On the other hand, there are books whose subject is a summit: when directly associated to the summit they appear on top of the list.
- On a georeferenced user profile, you will find links similar to those in the access points to show the itinerary between your own profile georeferencing and that of the targeted user.
The association tools have been reworked. There is now a single tool for each document. This will simplify the layout.
- In most documents, the layout of the informations on the top has been modified.
- In routes and outings, the layout of some text fields has also been modified.
List of routes in a document
New display of the routes list in a summit, access point or hut page:
- If there are more than 6 routes, they are sorted by activity. Multi-activities route are repeated in each group.
- Each group can be folded/unfolded.
- If a personal filter on activities is configured, the activities not matched by the filter are folded by default.
- A table of content on top of the list allows to easily reach an activity. If the activity group is folded, it is unfolded.
- 2 buttons allow to (un)fold all groups.
- A link directs to the same list but as a search result. This allows to filter on other criteria than activity and to reach the list form (see below).
For most document types, the list page contains a form:
- Each row has a check box to select it
- On the top and bottom of the list, 2 combo boxes allow you to transform the list:
- choice of the document type
- choice of the origin of the list: selected documents or all documents of the list (including other pages)
- New button to share a document on digg, facebook, wordpress etc…
- It is possible to directly view a PDF or PPT link within the page: usefulif you do not have the corresponding software or plugin to read it.
- If a search returns nothing, Google results are presented.
- « Previous » and « Next » document links have been moved to the left menu.
- New text formatting tag:
- [sup]text[/sup]: superscript text
- [ind]text[/ind] : subscript text
- Display of the document picto in some comboboxes (e.g. fast search or association tool). Works only on some browsers.
camptocamp.org on mobile phones
A first version of a CSS for mobile phone (e.g. IPhone, Android…) is provided. No configuration is required, it is automatically detected by the device.
The design is built to view pages in landscape mode (at least 480px wide) with the left menu folded
- You can delete a linguistic version of a document (instead of the whole document).
- Icones for de-associating documents are displayed only when mouse is over, to lighten the layout.
- Area criteria for pictures
- Various translation improvements. You can check the translation status. Do not hesitate to help us translate camptocamp.org in you language!
- Namesake detection of the association tool works again.
- When you follow the link to a non-existing linguistic version of a document, the page to create is displayed instead of an empty artefact.
- Enhancement of the modifications on the EXIF metadata of pictures.
- Lat/lon coordinates validation
- When editing a document, the BBcode toolbar is available for all text fields. It is displayed only for the focused textfield.
- Correct links to add a picture to a document based on the priviledges of the user.
- Display of deleted documents in the last associations list.
- Autocomplete tools and ie8: results are placed correctly
- Many others!
- IE6 support is now limited and the site experience is degraded a lot in these conditions. Goodwills to improve it are welcome.
camptocamp.org source code is now available under an AGPLv3 license.