Wonderful , Great Idea !!! Congratulations,
The North America’s 50 classics are of great interest for those discovering the area.
Europe is a very wide area for alpinism (climbing) and includes many practices (ice climbing, bolted routes, … etc).
The list should obviously include some routes from Dolomites, from Pyrénées, from Alps from Prealps, from Verdon, from Corsica … in a various range of difficulties : really a great challenge if you want also to promote some beautiful (but not so classical) routes !!
A book by Labande has done such a selection. Of course it needs a serious update.
In my opinion, the list should include :
- Corsica : Dos d’éléphant
- Calanques Pilier D de la Passerelle, Calendal, Le Muet qui rit
- Cougourde … a route
- Verdon … ULA, a face climb
- Archiane Pilier Livanos or Rocher d’Archiane : Les Fruits de la Patience (Pestel d’Archiane)
- Pierre Allain Face Sud de la Meije
- Du V à tire larigo Tete de la Maye
- Pilier Cordier aux Gds Charmoz
- Pilier Gervasutti au Tacul
- Campanile Basso (any route)